I am a companion animal veterinary surgeon based in the United Kingdom. Clinically I specialise in Emergency & Critical Care (Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care (ACVECC)). I obtained my ACVECC diploma in 2010 and also had a book on emergency medicine (Elsevier Saunders) published
I am the Founder, CEO and Clinical Director of The Ralph. This currently keeps me very busy as you can imagine. Before The Ralph opened I worked on various ECC-related projects, including:
- Teaching and doing what I could to increase awareness and understanding of ECC concepts amongst the wider veterinary community. I was also part of the RCVS Advanced Practitioner Certification Panel of Assessors for ECC applicants.
- The provision of free open access veterinary medical education (vetFOAM). For a while, I hosted a website register/database of links to vetFOAM resources.
- I hosted a free online series of small animal clinical podcasts launched by the Royal
Veterinary College - the series has since been taken over by other colleagues.
- In 2014 I started the Veterinary ECC Small Talk project. This included a website, blog and highly successful podcast series. I also set up an associated Facebook page and private Facebook
group which continues to thrive (~48,000 members, January 2022).
- The growing concept of evidence-based veterinary medicine (EBVM)
- Trying to introduce more open debate about 'ethics' into veterinary clinical practice
- In 2015 I launched a Veterinary Small Animal Emergency Medicine app. This underwent one subsequent update and remains available for purchase on
iOS and Android devices.
GET IN TOUCH
You can get in touch with me through the Contact Me page on this site or by using any of the email/social media channels linked to my various projects. I am
also on LinkedIn. Hope to hear from you!
A nice blog interview about me with a vet colleague in Australia.